By: Kristoffer Miranda | Peppermill – Oceano
- Shoyu 2 Tbsp
- Mirin 2 Tbsp
- Chili oil 2 Tbsp
- Salt, Kosher
- 1 tsp Pepper, Black, Cracked
- Star Anise 1 ea.
Noodles & Toppings
- 4 oz fresh ramen noodles
- ½ soft boiled egg
- 1 tbsp sliced green onions
- 1 oz bunapi shimeji mushrooms
- Seaweed (optional)
- 2 qt Chicken stock
- 2 qt Veal Stock
- 2 lbs Durham Ranch Osso Bucco cut lengthwise (canoe)
- 2 qt Water
- 8 oz shiitake mushroom
- 8 oz Onion, Yellow
- 4 oz Carrots, peeled
- 4 oz ginger, peeled, smashed
- 8 ea garlic cloves
- 3 oz white miso paste Shoyu to taste
Bison Shank Instructions
- Set Immersion Circulator at 144°F. Mix all ingredients in a bowl then place the bison shank in a vacuum and carefully pour the mixture. Cook for 72 hours.
- Open the bag and set aside until needed.
- Place all the vegetables in a sheet pan and roast in the oven at 400°F for 30 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables in a stock pot and all pour all the liquid. Simmer for 8 hours. Strain through a fine chinois. Pour back in a stock pot and add miso and shoyu to taste.
Noodles & Toppings Instructions
- To finish, deep fry the shank until the outside is crispy about 2 minutes at 350°F then sprinkle some sea salt once done. Warm noodles and place in a bowl along with the bison shank then add the broth. Assemble the rest of the items on above.