INGREDIENTS FOR WILD BOAR SAUCE
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 pound wild boar, ground
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups red wine
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- Preheat your pan to 375°
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy saucepan and saute the onion, carrots, and celery until soft.
- Add the ground wild boar meat and mix with the vegetables.
- Add the nutmeg, salt, pepper, bay leaves and 1 cup wine. Allow the wine to reduce.
- Then add the tomato paste and mix well with the meat.
- Add the remaining 1 cup wine. Let the sauce simmer for about 20 minutes.
**Bake a couple of sweet potatoes to serve the wild boar sauce with and top with sour cream and Italian parsley.
You can also serve the sauce with pasta or polenta, and it’s delicious on toasted buns too. Enjoy!
Recipe by Chef Stacy Petty, Brand Ambassador for Durham Ranch