- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 slices of bacon, roughly chopped
- 2-3 large waxy potatoes, cut in 1cm slices
- 1 pkg Durham Ranch Bison Chipotle sausage
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup of pearl barley
- A handful of parsley, chopped
- Sea salt & ground black pepper
- A generous pat of butter
- Preheat the grill/oven to 425°
- Place a large frying pan over medium high heat and add a drop of oil. Fry the bacon and sausages until golden brown on all sides. Remove to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Place the onions across the base of the pan layer up with the bay leaf, bacon and sausages, pearl barley and finish with a layer of potatoes.
- Pour stock over pan and place the pan covered, over a high heat and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and dot the potatoes with butter.
- Season with sea salt and ground black pepper and transfer to the grill/oven and cook for 15 minutes or so until potatoes begin to brown.
Recipe by Chef Stacy Petty, Brand Ambassador for Durham Ranch