Elk Loin with butternut squash gnocchi, roasted chestnuts, toasted brussel leaves, pomegranate seeds, chantrelles, salsa verde
- 2 chicken liver
- 2 shallots
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 3 sprigs of tarragon
- 1/4 c heavy cream
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 2 oz of butter
- Lightly saute finely chopped shallots in butter, as shallots become translucent add chicken liver and thyme and saute to a golden brown.
- In a separate pan reduce cream and mustard by half.
- Add the parsley and tarragon to reduced cream, combine in blender with chicken liver and shallot mix then push through a chinois.
Butternut Squash Gnocchi
- 4 oz butter
- 2 minced shallot
- 1 c milk
- 2 cups mashed butternut squash
- 1.5 cups of flour
- 4 eggs
- Sweat shallots in butter until translucent,
- Add salt, milk bring to a boil
- Add butternut squash, reduce to simmer
- Add flower, paddle mix with wooden spoon for 15 minutes on low heat then remove from flame
- Let steam come off, then mix while adding one egg at a time until eggs are incorporated
- Put mixture into a pastry bag, cut a 1/2 inch whole at the end
- Put up a pot of boiling water, cut 1 inch pieces out of pastry bag over the boiling water, when the gnocchi floats pull out of water and cool.
Brussels Leaves and Chantrelles
- Saute in oil
- Deglaze with 1 oz of chicken stock
- Add 1 oz of butter
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and roasted chestnuts