By: Mark Estee | Reno Local Food Group
- 4 ea Durham Ranch Osso bucco
- As needed seasoned flour
- 2 Cups Port wine
- Beef stock to cover
- 4 oz. demi glace to finish
- 1 Cup Celery
- 1 Cup Onion
- 1 Cup Carrot
- 1 Cup Mushroom
- 1 Cup Parsnip
- 2 Cloves garlic and shallot
- ½ Bunch of thyme
- ½ Bunch rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a large skillet on the stove top. Add grapeseed oil to cover bottom, dust bison with flour.Brown well on all sides.Remove to braising pan.Heat oven to 300°F.
- Add vegetables to pan and brown, deglaze with port wine.
- Pour over bison osso bucco. Cover ¾ with stock and cook in the oven for 3 hours or until tender.
- Let sit in braise to cool. Remove meat, strain sauce, pull meat off the bone, reduce the other half of sauce by 50%, add demi, butter and season.
- To reheat, place meat, sauce and vegetable in cast iron or oven proof serving dish.Place bone at end of dish.Roll out 4 pieces of pie crust. Cover dish, leaving bone exposed.
- Bake in oven at 350°F for 25 minutes.