with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Basil Pesto Oyster Mushroom Stuffing Green Goddess Sauce
By: Billy McCullough | Tahoe Food Hub
- 3 ea. Red Bell Peppers roast, peel and cut into large, flat pieces
- ½ cup- Basil Pesto (recipe follows)
- 1 ½ cups- Oyster Mushrooms (recipe follows)
- 1 – 1.25 lb. Flat Iron Steak
- 1 cup- Green Goddess Sauce (recipe follows)
- 1 Cup Picked Basil Leaves (packed down)
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ tsp. Salt ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- 3 Tbsp. Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 tsp. Garlic – chopped
- 3 Cups Oyster Mushrooms – chopped
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- Pinch of salt
Green Goddess Sauce
- 2 each scallions
- 1/3 cup Mayo
- 1/3 cup Sour cream
- 1/3 cup Basil – picked
- 1 each Lemons- juiced
- 1 each Garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
Basil Pesto Instructions
- In blender, blend garlic. Add 2 T of oil, lemon juice and all basil with garlic. Blend, but leave some chunks. Slowly add rest of oil.
- Blend. Move to mixing bowl. Fold in cheese and salt/pepper.
Oyster Mushroom Instructions
- In sauté pan, add butter and oil. When hot, add garlic, stir, then mushrooms. Sauté for 4 minutes while stirring.
- Add white wine. Cook until wine evaporates. Add salt – cool.
Green Goddess Sauce Instructions
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth, leaving no large pieces of basil leaves.
- To assemble and cook flat iron:pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Cut flat iron into 2 equal size pieces. Butterfly open each piece. Place each piece on top of a piece of plastic wrap. Then, place another piece of plastic wrap on top of meat. Pound meat out until about ¼ “ thick.
- Remove the top piece of plastic. Spread pesto over both pieces of meat. Lay red bell pepper on top of pesto. Equally sprinkle mushrooms over peppers.
- Starting at one side of the meat, roll the meat tight enough to get a nice spiral in the middle.
- With string, tie off the meat with 6 lengths, each about an inch or so apart.
- In a sauté pan, add 2 T of oil. Brown the outside of the roll by searing the meat.
- Put roulade on roasting rack, seam side down. Put in oven and cook for about 20 minutes or until internal temperature is 130°F.
- Remove from heat and rest for 10 minutes. Cut off string and slice. Serve with Green Goddess Sauce.