By: Mark Estee | Reno Local Food Group
- 2 Durham Ranch Wagyu Flat Iron Steaks (6 oz each)
- 4 oz. Soy sauce
- 2 oz. Rice wine vinegar
- 1 oz. Sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Ginger minced
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh Mint
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh Cilantro
- 1 ea. Avocado
- 1 ea. Fresh jalapeno
- 1/2 Lime
- Place steak in bowl.
- Mix soy, vinegar, sesame, ginger, garlic, mint and cilantro in a bowl.
- Reserve 2 ounces of the sauce. Pour the rest on the steaks and let sit for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Heat a pan to smoking point. Lay steaks directly on pan. Cook for 3 minutes, flip, cook for 3 more minutes. Remove from pan and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Spoon remaining sauce onto 2 plates.
- Slice the Flat Iron thinly, against the grain.
- Shingle a few pieces with avocado, jalapeno, mint, cilantro and lime.