By: Lara Ritchie | Nothing To it
- 2 lb. Durham Ranch Wagyu flat iron steak
- 1/3 cup Fish sauce
- 1 . Tbsp. Minced fresh garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- Zest of one lime
- 10 oz. Daikon radish, julienned
- 3 Large Carrots, julienned
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp. Kosher salt
- 4 ea Soft Fresh baguettes
- 1 Bunch Cilantro, washed
- 1 ea. English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise mixed with 1 teaspoon Sriracha
Marinated Steak Instructions
- In a sealable plastic bag, add all of the above ingredients and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Pickled Veggies Instructions
- In a small saucepan, add the water, vinegar, sugar, and salt and bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar and salt. Then take if off the heat and let it cool.
- In a medium bowl, add the daikon radish and carrots and pour the marinade over it and let it sit for half an hour. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a grill to medium high heat, about 450°F. Remove the flat iron steak from the marinade and let it sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Lightly brush the steak with vegetable oil.
- Place the steak on the grill and close the lid. Grill until golden brown grill marks are on the bison and then flip and cook on the other side, about 6 minutes a side Ð longer if you want your meat cooked more than medium rare.
- Remove the steak from the grill and let it sit tented in aluminum foil while you assemble the sandwiches.
- Spread some of the Sriracha mayonnaise mixture on the inside of the baguette.
- On the bottom of the baguette shingle the cucumber slices. Then slice the steak thinly, against the grain, and layer on top of the cucumber slices.Then place come cilantro sprigs, and the daikon and cucumber mixture. Enjoy!