RECIPE BY GRAHAM BROWN
QUICK, EASY, SUCCULENT AND DELICIOUS. POP THE WHOLE PIECE ON THE BBQ AND FINISH UNDER THE HOOD, OR IN THE OVEN.
- 1 Cervena venison Shortloin (boneless loin) about 2lbs
- 2 Tbsp of cracked 4 pepper mix
- 1 Tbsp cracked salt
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 Orange, peeled and fillets removed with a sharp knife. Reserve the juice
- 1 punnet of redcurrants (substitute with Raspberry or Blueberry)
- 1 Tbsp of red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tps walnut or hazelnut oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 large kumara (sweet potato) par cooked and peeled, cut into ½ cm cubes and re-cooked until caramelized.
- Mesclun greens.
- Coat meat with oil and season generously with the salt and pepper. Sear the whole piece on the hotplate for 3- 4 minutes until meat is brown. Place in the roasting rack and cook on a low heat for 15 minutes for medium rare.
- To make the vinaigrette mix all wet ingredients well and fold in the orange fillets and currants just before serving. Check seasoning.
- To serve.Slice the venison and arrange with the salad and kumara and pour the vinaigrette around the plate.