- 1 pound duck breast
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin, toasted and ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt to taste
- 2 cups chipotle cherry salsa (see below)
- 12 small corn tortillas, lightly toasted
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced and tossed in 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbed
- cress sprouts for garnish (optional)
- Score the skin and fat of the duck breast with a knife trying to cut all the through the fat without cutting into the meat.
- Mix the chipotle chili powder, cumin and salt and rub it into the skin side of the duck breast then cover it and let it sit in the fridge for 20 minutes to overnight.
- Heat an oven proof pan over medium heat.
- Place the duck breast into the pan, skin side down and let it cook until the fat has rendered, about 2-3 minutes.
- Place the pan into a preheated 400°F oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove and set the duck breast aside and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Drain the excess fat from the pan, add the salsa, deglaze the pan and simmer to remove any excess liquid.
- Assemble the tacos and enjoy.
Servings: Makes 4 servings | Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
Chipotle Cherry Salsa
- 2 cups cherries, pitted
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo or to taste, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- 1 handful basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Puree everything in a food processor until smooth.
- Simmer the salsa to remove excess liquid.
(Optional: This salsa is great fresh but if you are going to use it in something like tacos you will want to simmer it a bit to remover the excess liquid.)
Servings: Makes 2 cups | Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes