- 2 Pounds Boneless Berkshire Pork Shoulder, (Without Skin), Cut Into 1-Inch Cubes
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Jalapeno Chiles, Seeded And Minced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 14 1/2-Oz Can Chicken Broth
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro, Chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Lime Zest, Grated
- Lime Wedges , As Garnish
- Additional Cilantro, Chopped, As Garnish
Makes 6 Servings
Season pork cubes with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large Dutch oven and sauté pork in batches until nicely browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer pork to a plate. Stir in onion, chiles and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes, until onion is soft. Add pork back in along with broth, cilantro, zest and juice. Bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 1 1/4 hours, until meat is fork-tender and liquid has thickened.
Serve garnished with lime wedges and chopped cilantro with warm tortillas and black beans on the side.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board