- 1 Wild Boar Rack
- ¼ cup of bread crumbs
- 4 Tablespoons of mustard
- 4 Apples
- ⅓ cup of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of salted butter
- ¼ cup of whiskey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine the bread crumbs and mustard in a small mixing bowl.
- Sear rack in a pan with a little oil over high heat.
- Transfer to a roasting pan. Coat the meat with the mustard crumb mixture by patting it on.
- Using a meat thermometer, cook until the rack’s internal temperature reaches 150°F, about 30 minutes.
- Remove and allow to rest about 10 minutes before cutting into individual chops.
- While the rack is cooking, cut the apples into thick slices.
- Heat a saute pan on high. Add the sugar and saute until it begins to caramelize, turning into a liquid and turning light amber.
- Add the butter and melt, combining with the caramel.
- Add the apples, toss to coat them on all sides with the caramel
- Add the whiskey, scraping the bottom of the pan to get all the caramel. Cook off alcohol for 1-2 minutes.
Recipe from chefdruck.com