with Flatbread and Chimichurri
By: Adam Daniels | Bimini Steakhouse – Peppermill
- 1 ea. Durham Ranch Wagyu Flat Iron, marinated.
- 1 ea. Balsamic marinated red onion, grilled and cut into in pieces
- 2 ea. Preserved lemon, julienne cut and rinsed in cold water
- 1 lb. Arugula
- 5 oz. Smoked Ricotta salata
- 3 ea. Grilled Flatbread
- Fresh lemon
- Olive oil
- Kosher Salt and fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, blanched and shocked
- 1 bunch mint, blanched and shocked
- 2 medium shallots, fine minced
- 12 cloves pressed garlic
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 Cup Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- Grill steak to desired temperature. 110°F for Medium Rare.
- Let the steak rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Finish the second portion of chimichurri with vinegar.
- Arrange arugula, topped with grilled onions, ricotta cheese and preserved lemons.
- Add sliced steak to top of salad.
- Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Serve with warm grilled flatbread and chimichurri sauce.
- Place the blanched herbs and olive oil in a blender and pulse until fine chopped but not too fine.
- Combine all other ingredients except for the vinegar. Blend very quickly only to mix ingredients. Separate into two bowls, 1/3 and 2/3.
- Mix 1 TBL vinegar into 1/3 of the sauce. Add the Flat Iron steak to marinade for 2 hrs up 24 hrs.