- 1 pound Durham Ranch Ground Wild Boar
- ½ each Large carrot minced
- ½ each Yellow onion minced
- ½ each Stalk of Celery minced
- 6 cloves Minced garlic
- ½ cup White wine (any brand/ left over)
- 2 teaspoons Dry oregano
- 1- 10oz. can Tomato sauce
- 1 each Diced Roma tomato
- 1 small can Tomato paste
- 1 cup Whole milk
- To taste Salt, Black Pepper
- Roughly chop half a carrot, half a yellow onion and half a celery stalk. Add rough chopped carrot, onion, garlic and celery into a food processor a pulse till small minced to the size of bbs.
- In a medium sauce pot or large sauce pan with a 2-3 inch tall sides, turn on to high heat and let pan get hot. Drizzle olive oil into pan/pot and put Durham Ranch ground wild boar and separate with a wooden spoon stirring so meat does not clump or stick to pan. When meat is browned, set aside in a bowl so you can cook other ingredients separately. In the same pan, let pan get hot and put all minced vegetables in stirring so it is evenly sweated and lightly caramelized. Add dry Oregano, and deglaze with the white wine and cook out most of the liquid is reduced by half still stirring. Add in Tomato paste and stir in to evenly mix and caramelize.
- Turn down stove to med/ medium low and add back to the vegetable mix the pre-cooked wild boar and Milk. Let mixture reduce and thicken by half and Boar absorbs milk.
- Add in remaining tomato sauce, Diced Roma Tomato and let entire mixture cook on low for 2-3 hours or until meat is entirely soft.
- Season with Salt and ground pepper till desired taste
Cooked Ziti or Penne Pasta:
- In a separate pot, Boil pasta (approx. 2-3 cups dry) to the products specifications and set aside cooled till Wild Boar Bolognese is ready.
- Can be served plated with-out baking steps, just place cooked pasta in bowl or plate and spoon over cooked Bolognese. Garnish with Bacon bits, fresh Basil, scallions, and shredded Parmesan cheese.
- In a clean medium bowl add together Wild Boar Bolognese, Ziti pasta, 1-2 cups of shredded cheddar/ parmesan cheese mix.
- Stir till incorporated and pour all ingredients into a bake proof glass pan (Pyrex), evenly spread mix and top with desired amount of cheese.
- Place in a pre-heated oven of 350 degrees uncovered for approximately 10-20 minutes or until it is heated entirely through.